Sunday, September 21, 2008

Michael I'll be your frosted flake



The announcement that Olympic Michael Phelps will be pitching Kellogg's Frosted Flakes instead of the traditional athlete's choice of Wheaties has left many perplexed and pissy.

Given that I’m a frosted flake (if you haven't noticed by now) I think the relationship is wonderful and perpetuates my fantasy of Mike being a frosted flake too. (well, that is second to my fantasy of seeing michael phelps naked) However, there are those that don’t agree with me.

Apparently, Frosted Flakes has three times the amount of sugar as Wheaties and 1/3rd the fiber!! Who knew?

Phelps is now being criticized by health experts who are worried about the message he'll be sending to children across America. As we know, childhood obesity is becoming quite the problem in America and Phelps giving the thumbs up to sugary cereal sends the wrong message, experts say.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think kids are fat because they sit on their tushes playing video games and watching TV all day and eats mounds of crap and drink buckets of pop. And, at the end of the day it's up to mom and dad not to buy crap for their kids, right?

And don’t we think that seeing all those great Micheal Phelps pictures that have proliferated the interweb since the 2008 Olympics has done enough to promote fitness for kids?

Give me a break! It’s not like he’s promoting cigarettes, or booze, or even Doritos!

No comments: