Monday, February 2, 2009

Michael Phelps Bong

michael phelps bong
(I know- this isn't a Michael Phelps nude picture, but I'm trying to add some editorial credibility to my Michael Phelps naked blog. Yaaa, just kidding :-) I couldn't be literary if I tried, I'm only in it for the pictures. But even though it lacks the typical swimsuit content, I did feel that I needed to post this pic and my own commentary.)

Oh oh ... our golden boy, eight time Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps seems to have been caught red handed ... or shall we say red bonged. Over the weekend, The British 'News of the World' tabloid published this picture of Michael Phelps smoking a bong at a November 6th (2008) student party at the University Of South Carolina in Columbia . He showed up unannounced at a house party, and as the story goes, spent the entire weekend partying pretty hard.

There is so much controversy over this story, I can't help but wonder how poor Michael is doing. I thought his statement to the press over the incident -


I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I’m 23 years old, and despite the successes I have had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner that people have come to expect from me.

was suitably repentent. I just hope that the powers that be won't try to set an example of Mike, and don't take things to such an extreme that the spectacular swimming career of my favorite cutie is tarnished beyond recovery. Let's hope that it all blows over (yes, that's a pun) and is left in the past the same way that his young and foolish DUI incident seems to have been.

I think it's important to note that the famous swimmer had previously taken 1,500 drug tests and never failed one - it's too bad that people are so jealous or desperate that they publicize these sorts of things to the tabloids. It would be sad to think that a bit of celebrating in the off-season, with an activity that is certainly widely accepted, would ruin the reputation and financial success of any individual. Let's hope all goes well for our favorite swimmer Michael Phelps.

No comments: